Open access is an ongoing publication practice which differs in the way traditional methods of publishing papers to the public get submitted, reviewed, authenticated and finally published. In Open Access publication model neither readers nor a reader’s institution are charged for access to articles or other resources. Users are free to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles without requiring a subscription to the journal in which these articles are published.
DOARJ follows the Gold Open Access model. The publication cost should be covered by the author’s institution or research funds. These Open Access charges replace subscription charges and allow the DOARJ to make the valuable published materials freely accessible to all interested online visitors, especially the researchers and young scholars from developing countries. DOARJ noticed that more than 45% of the DOARJ journals readers are from developing countries.
For more information about open access, please check the following pages,
- The author should not submit his/her manuscripts to multiple journals. Likewise, an author should not submit any paper previously published anywhere to the journals for consideration.
- The author should guarantee that the works he or she has submitted are original. If the author has used work and/or words by others, appropriate citations are required. Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
- The author should indicate all sources that have supported the research and also declare any conflict(s) of interest.
- The author should give due acknowledgement to all of those who have made contributions to the research.
- The author should promptly inform the journal editor of any obvious error(s) in his or her published paper and cooperate earnestly with the editor in retraction or correction of the paper. If the editor is notified by any party other than the author that the published paper contains an obvious error, the author should write a retraction or make the correction based on the medium of publication.